Posted to alt.home.repair
PatM PatM is offline

Default Church deep cleaning (off topic)

On Jul 20, 7:47*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Wiping things down and the like is nice, and I particularly
liked the
suggestion about thoroughly cleaning the nursery...probably
should do
something about the kitchen(s) at the same time.

CY: I susepct the nursery and primary are the major vectors
of germs.

More importantly - at least in my mind - is the question of
environmental stewardship in the church's facility.

CY: You're in luck. Christians are given stewardship of the
Earth.

Have an energy
audit done of the facility to see where you're wasting
electricity,
gas, etc. on heating, cooling or lighting the building(s).

CY: I'm all for spending money wisely.

Look for
ways to get air blowing through rooms instead of using air
conditioners. Encourage people to carpool to church.

CY: This last bit makes you sound like a tree hugging
liberal.

Much more can be learned from the Interfaith Coalition on
Energy,
including finding energy auditors who specialize in church
facilities:http://www.interfaithenergy.com/

CY: Are they tree hugging liberals?

My wife works for a pretty big organization -- I don't know but I
would guess there are a couple of thousand employees and every one has
a computer. The computers are networked to include their satellite
offices. They boot to the network (I think). When they leave, the
restart them and let them partially boot and get to the screen that
asks for a altctldel continue. So every computer is on ALL the
time so that IT can update software, etc. at night via the network.
Too me, that seems like a huge waste of electricity. If they need to
update things, can't they have it every "wednesday" or something like
that? Wow.