Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Best way to get spots out of a carpet?

AZ Nomad wrote in
:

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:07:31 -0700, The Ranger cuhulain wrote:
LouB wrote in message
Best way to get spots out of a tan carpet?

I've used two products when my three daughter-units went through the
toddler daze: Spot Shot and NYLAC Carpet Cleaner.

If you want an all-purpose spot cleaner, can affort the $5.49 / can
then Spot Shot is the product for you. It excellent. The downside is
the chemical smell that hangs as the product dries. (Huh; I just
noticed it's a product produced by the WD-40 company.)

NYLAC was recommended by the carpet layer. It's my go-to when pets,
kids, or grease get ground into the carpet. NYLAC cn be reached
through their 1-800 # (1-800-33-NYLAC).

The Ranger

If you really want to spot clean carpeting, you need a wet-dry vac.
Use boiling water and/or your favorite soap, suck dry, then repeat
with boiling water to rinse. I use one of those bissel cleanmachines
and its luke warm water, but use boiling water when I have a tough
spot.

The problem with the cleaners like "spot shot" is that they leave
behind residues which will attract dirt. It'll look clean for a few
weeks, but the spots will return.

I've had good luck with Spot Shot as well as a couple of friends have.

As far as the resides which attract dirt, I think the soapy/detergent
types are the offenders of this. And I think a lot of that is due to
people over soaping the area.