Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default What voltage for 18 inch satellite dishes?

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 10:12:58 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 22:12:45 -0400, mm
wrote:

I already know that lesson, and I didn't have to burn anything out to
learn it.

Your free antenna was designed to use the Sat feedline to not only
power it but to also transfer the broadcast signal to either a Multi
Switch with an antenna output or a splitter provided by the antenna
manufacturer. My old Multi Switch had an antenna output IIRC. This
would block standard brodcast frequencies with the downlink, control
signals and voltages from your set.

If you just have the antenna itself and nothing else you may not have
enough of it to work. What brand/model is it?

It's a Terk, but I can't find a model number. There's a ragged piece
of paper glued to it that might have been a label.

It has a circular plastic box in the middle with 4 coaxial connectors,
marked 1, 2, 4, and 4. The first two are also marked IN and the
second two are marked OUT.