Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can one buy drawers

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 00:00:47 -0400, Aaron Fude
wrote:

Hi,

I would like to buy an armoire and install drawers in it. Is it possible
to buy some basic drawers somewhere? I checked HD and Lowe's and they
have drawer slides, but I didn't find any drawers.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Drawers are made to fit an opening and there are no standards for
that. Ask a woodworker or make your own boxes. Easy to make with a
tablesaw. For corners you can use a drawer-lock joint or box joint
for stength, or a simple rabbet joint for shallow or small drawer
boxes. A dovetail joint is the strongest (and nicer looking) but
usually not required with slides. Flush fit drawers are very nice but
challenging, lipped drawer fronts install faster.