Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Bearing Noise Bronze Oilite Growling Chatter Rattle

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:32:54 -0400, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

I remember a discussion quite a while ago in RCM, and a term being mentioned
that is the name for this condition, but I can't remember it (or find it in
my saved posts).

When the bearing and or shaft contact surfaces get to a point of wear, the
shaft no longer spins around it's center axis, but instead, starts this
chatter as it rattles it's way around the inside circumference of the
bearing.

Hopefully, someone will know this term, Thanks,

Precession?

--
Ned Simmons