Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Setting a programmable thermostat

bud-- wrote:
The only hybrid I have read very detailed info on is the Prius. The EPA
mileage is 48 city, 45 highway (EPA gives an idea what mileage is like).
Consumer Reports *tests* had a higher highway mileage than city with
44mpg overall.

That doesn't make much (any?) sense; that "overall" is lower than either
EPA...

The Prius gets high highway mileage because:
- I has a relatively small engine. ...

and it's driving a toy.

I just recently finished a 3000 mi round-trip excursion to/from NC which
included crossing the Smoky Mtn's both ways. The 300M did 32 overall
in far more comfort and more stuff in it that could have put in a Prius
w/o piling it on top or pulling a trailer, either of which would really
improve the mileage I'm sure.

This is a '99 approaching 100k, not even new and sports the "touring
package" which doesn't include the hemi but is geared slightly lower for
more responsiveness than the stock version.

What mileage driven would it take to even break even $-wise, what more
come out ahead irrespective of the comfort factor???