Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Best way to get spots out of a carpet?

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:07:31 -0700, The Ranger cuhulain wrote:
LouB wrote in message
Best way to get spots out of a tan carpet?

I've used two products when my three daughter-units went through the toddler
daze: Spot Shot and NYLAC Carpet Cleaner.

If you want an all-purpose spot cleaner, can affort the $5.49 / can then
Spot Shot is the product for you. It excellent. The downside is the chemical
smell that hangs as the product dries. (Huh; I just noticed it's a product
produced by the WD-40 company.)

NYLAC was recommended by the carpet layer. It's my go-to when pets, kids, or
grease get ground into the carpet. NYLAC cn be reached through their 1-800 #
(1-800-33-NYLAC).

The Ranger

If you really want to spot clean carpeting, you need a wet-dry vac. Use
boiling water and/or your favorite soap, suck dry, then repeat with
boiling water to rinse. I use one of those bissel cleanmachines and
its luke warm water, but use boiling water when I have a tough spot.

The problem with the cleaners like "spot shot" is that they leave
behind residues which will attract dirt. It'll look clean for a few
weeks, but the spots will return.