Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric Eric is offline

Default Minimum shower area requirements

"PB2" wrote in message
Hi,

I am renovating a bathroom for a new house I'm moving in to. This
bathroom has a very small shower, approximately 33x32. Doing the
renovation, we are planning on redoing the shower, putting in a 32x32
shower pan and tile on the side.

I've read in a few places that this may not meet some code. Can
someone comment on this? Specifically, I'm wondering:

1) Will a 32x32 shower not meet code? I'm thinking about getting of
these two shower pans:
http://www.faucetdirect.com/index.cf...can%20Standard
or
http://www.faucetdirect.com/index.cf...acturer/Kohler

2) What are the implications of not meeting code? Because we're not
doing any major work on the house, I'm not going through the
permitting process. I've been told that if you're just retiling and
putting some new fixtures on, it's not really a big deal.

This is a house in the suburbs of Boston.

Thanks,
PB2

PS. Does anyone have any experience with Faucet Direct? They have good
prices, but are they reliable?

Just FYI, to amplify a little on what aemeijers said: in Massachusetts you are not allowed to do
*any* of your own plumbing work, not even change a faucet. And as he stated, this rule is widely
ignored. But I can guarantee that one person who would *not* ignore it is a building inspector...
;^)

Eric Law