Posted to alt.home.repair
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Insulating effect of carpet vs linoleum.

dpb wrote:
Kevin wrote:
seem to recall that at the time the Title 24 calcs were done, being told
that an exposed slab, would have a positive effect on the calcs, but a
carpeted floor wouldn't figure into the equation.

That doesn't make any sense--if a slab has an effect but changing the
slab to something else doesn't, then that fact "has figured into the
equation".

What I meant, but perhaps didn't say very well, is that a exposed concrete
slab would be figured into the calculations, and would have an effect that
would help me meet the title 24 requirements. However if I specified carpet,
then it wouldn't be considered.

Kevin.