Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry[_2_] Terry[_2_] is offline

Default OT- NJ Police state

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 03:23:21 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
.. .

I have the training, kit, proven skills and permit to carry if I
should choose to do so. I have not chosen to do so thus far as a
matter of convenience: I have enough trouble keeping my pants up
without weight in the pockets or IWB holsters or whatever truck. I am
not obese (I'd be dead if I was) but I'm not quite Clint Eastwood slim
either. Not yet anyway.

The question is moot in NJ but what would you do in my sit?

Until they catch this nutcase, at least, I'd carry something light while on
your hikes, even if he isn't in your neighborhood. My pants have enough
trouble staying up as it is, with cell phone, pocket knife, keys, wallet,
insulin pump, and change, so the .45 and the Colt Officer's Model .38 Spl.
are out. d8-)

Don n Ed,

My pants got kinda pully-down from carrying a Kel-Tec P11, so I
invested in a SmartCarry. http://www.smartcarry.com/ Now instead of
the KelTec I can carry an older S&W Sigma 9mm 16 shot (larger than the
new Sigmas, easier to shoot than the KT). And my pants stay up!

Either the KelTec or the Sigma is with me most of the time. Mowing,
working in the shop, at work, wherever. I expect never to have
serious need of either one.

Best -- Terry