Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT - SEC calls for Calif. IOUs treated as securities

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 02:35:51 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
RCM only

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 18:18:34 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

I think we will. We have some very good people in this administration, and

Got a list? Who do you like and why?

I don't keep "lists."

So, you can't/won't reel 'em off, or you have "a generally good
feeling" about the new administration? I see.

I'd count them mostly as Clintonian retreads and previously discounted
failed advisors to the Liberals. ONe example is John P. Holdren (
advisor to Paul Ehrlich, failed author of "sky is falling" Liberal
books, all of which were disproven) Now he "advises" Obama about
science and technology. thud
http://www.prisonplanet.com/obama-science-advisor-called-for-planetary-regime-to-enforce-totalitarian-population-control-measures.html
Is this one of your "good people", Ed?

there's no mystery about what's happening. The biggest risk, IMO, is that
the recovery will get hung up in partisan politics. If that locks us into
inaction, we could wind up with a decade like the one that Japan just
had --
and is still having, actually.

That's one risk. Another large risk is insert Arab sleeper theory
here.

What "risk" is that? Forty thousand people die here each year from car
accidents. An estimated 440,000 die each year from smoking-related
illnesses. Is a terror attack going to be worse than that? You can't destroy
the US with terror attacks.

Oh, noooo, nothing has changed since 9/11, has it? Do you see, in
trainloads of money and degrees of freedom, our country changing
because of it?

Besides, a sleeper would turn our heads and eyes away from the reality
of our country being given away. With the EU's and Russia's help, the
Arabs are starting to redefine democracy around the world until, some
day, we won't even recognize it. It's not an attack, per se, but the
outcome would be the same. It can't be measured in numbers of lives
until it happens, when it goes from zero to beaucoup overnight.

Another large risk is that the Democrats will give all our
country's offensive (and probably the defensive, too) weapons away...

Where in the hell did this one come from? Is that in your
global-warming-denial books? g

No, from the daily news: Obama's Moscow Summit, etc, etc. Dems are
historically disarmers by nature.

outlaw our guns, turn us into another Euro entity, and cause us to
self-destruct (if the bad guys in the world don't act first.)

There are anti-anxiety medications that will relieve those symptoms of
yours, Larry.

You're worried about the sky falling (AGWK) when the infrastructure is
melting. How savvy is that?

Gee, I wish I were more relevant in national economic and political
trends outside the newsgroup.

We can say a little prayer each night that the attitudes and beliefs of
hardly anyone here is relevant to anything going on in the real world. d8-)

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of weirdos, aren't we, Ed?

--
Mistrust the man who finds everything good, the man who finds everything
evil, and still more the man who is indifferent to everything.