Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
XR650L_Dave XR650L_Dave is offline

Default Fuel Tank

On Jul 17, 9:31*pm, "Buerste" wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message

... Hi folks

I have 300 gallon tank formerly filled with gas oil / 35 sec heating oil /
medium diesel (not sure
of the U.S. terminology). The only way I can remove it is by first cutting
it
up. Any suggestions / comments
so as to do this safely?

Regards
Rob

Depends on how far away it is from valuable things like houses and such.
How about pouring in about a quart of gasoline, let it sit in the sun for a
few hours then toss in an M-80. *It'll be real easy to cut up the big
pieces. *There are people on this NG that are figuring exactly how much
gasoline, at what temp and how long to wait. *Other people are figuring how
to add servo motors and PLCs. *There's no wrong way to blow it up! *Somehow
this will turn into a political issue and it'll be Bush's fault, or..."Hold
my beer and watch THIS!"

Heh, I've always wanted to thread an old air compressor for a spark
plug and then put a carb on the intake...

I figure the tank would have to be slightly heated for optimal
results.

Dave