Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- NJ Police state

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 01:19:35 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

The idea of people mowing their lawns while packing pistols sounds bizarre,
but there is some basis for it in Gunner's case. Crime data (2006) for
Gunner's town shows 359 violent crimes/100k people, per year. For my town,
20 miles from Newark, NJ, the rate is 89/100k people. If we had four times
as much violent crime, I might expect to see some pressure for lawnmower
rifle scabbards. g

I don't know how you find data, Ed, but you're good at it! If you
please, what is the violent crime data for same period for Fridley,
MN? Also, what qualifies as violent crime? I'm not pulling your
chain here, I'd really like to know.

What Ed doesnt mention....though his misrepresentation is obvious....

http://www.idcide.com/citydata/ca/taft.htm

Taft, CA Profile

Taft, CA, population 9,106, is located in California's Kern county,
about 29.4 miles from Bakersfield and 60.5 miles from Ventura.

Through the 90's Taft's population has grown by about 8%. It is
estimated that in the first 5 years of this decade the population of
Taft has grown by about 42%.

Taft's property crime levels tend to be about the same as California's
average level. The same data shows violent crime levels in Taft tend to
be lower than California's average level.

Offense 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006
Murder, Man-Slaughter 0 0 0 0 0 0
Forcible Rape 6 7 1 0 2 2
Robbery 9 4 0 1 6 4
Aggravated Assault 29 26 25 28 26 27

It should be noted that "Taft" is the core community, surrounded by Ford
City, Taft Heights, South Taft and has a population of approximately
19,000
Crime figures are taken from the Taft Courthouse as well as Kern County
records and the crimes above reflect a total from the incorporated AND
un incorporated areas comprising "Taft".

Which just shows how a Leftist can slant facts and produce a lie.

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"