Bay Area Dave

Default Dust Collectors; what micron size on bag?

Wade,

I use a 1 Micron bag which causes no visible dust in the air when
running, nor can my sniffer detect any "sneezable" stuff after a long
session of dust collecting. Any reason you aren't considering a 1
micron bag, for health and comfort?

dave

Wade Lippman wrote:

Bags are typically 30 micron or 5 micron, with a few even smaller.

I understand that a 30 bag will pass fine dust that a 5 bag will catch, but
it is it really noticable over the other dust in the shop? If so, how do
good brands get away with selling 30 bags?

If you are sharp you will pick up that I am trying to rationalize buying a
30 bag, but need to be talked out of it.

Thanks.