Posted to alt.home.repair
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Suggestions for alternative well water treatment?

"Hipupchuck" wrote in message
Evelyn wrote:
"Hipupchuck" wrote in message
JimmyDahGeek wrote:
Neighbor across street has bottled water
I would imagine it would be cheaper to bring in
your own drinking water and leave your well untreated.

I buy bottle water for my cottage it's only .29 a gallon if I bring my
own bottle. It's great water and cheap. Wall Mart also has it and
it's .33 a gallon there. At my primary residence I have a water
softener that goes into the septic tank. It's been like that for 30
years. When I cleaned the tank last last year the cover of the tank
cracked. I was told this was from the softener.

I have a reverse osmosis system for my drinking water only.
It was inexpensive to install and cheap to maintain.

Only drawback to those is that they work best with strong water pressure,
as in city water. Well water usually doesn't have as much pressure.
They also work extremely well if you already have a water softener.

My well pump operates at 30 to 50 lbs and the osmosis system works fine.

I used to sell those systems (RO drinking water) and they stronger the
pressure the more efficiently the system works.

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8