Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeWhy MikeWhy is offline

Default Why Good Drawings Are Important - Long Boring Story

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
MikeWhy wrote:

I take it JBot is a CNC router/drill? Yup. The time will come for that,
when folks start wondering why electronics innovation should stop outside
the shop doors. I can see a reasonably accurate, limited envelope
router/drill replacing all the dovetail and mortising jigs on the market.

You've probably already seen it at the link below. Step size is 1/4800"
(approx 0.0002083") in all three axes - reasonably accurate for most
woodworking. Runs industry standard g-code.

It's an "adequate" joinery machine, and is still as accurate as the day it
was finished.
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/JBot/

It's the right size. It's the right shape. Every home shop should have one.
I remember our conversation now. I got carried away, and made mine way
complicated. Servo motors; ballscrews; linear slides. And then set it aside
for the impracticality.

Hmmm.