Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - SEC calls for Calif. IOUs treated as securities

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
RCM only

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 18:18:34 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

I think we will. We have some very good people in this administration, and

Got a list? Who do you like and why?

I don't keep "lists."

there's no mystery about what's happening. The biggest risk, IMO, is that
the recovery will get hung up in partisan politics. If that locks us into
inaction, we could wind up with a decade like the one that Japan just
had --
and is still having, actually.

That's one risk. Another large risk is insert Arab sleeper theory
here.

What "risk" is that? Forty thousand people die here each year from car
accidents. An estimated 440,000 die each year from smoking-related
illnesses. Is a terror attack going to be worse than that? You can't destroy
the US with terror attacks.

Another large risk is that the Democrats will give all our
country's offensive (and probably the defensive, too) weapons away...

Where in the hell did this one come from? Is that in your
global-warming-denial books? g

outlaw our guns, turn us into another Euro entity, and cause us to
self-destruct (if the bad guys in the world don't act first.)

There are anti-anxiety medications that will relieve those symptoms of
yours, Larry.

Gee, I wish I were more relevant in national economic and political
trends outside the newsgroup.

We can say a little prayer each night that the attitudes and beliefs of
hardly anyone here is relevant to anything going on in the real world. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress