Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Alarm going off after power cut

Alan wrote:
In message , Stuart
Noble wrote

Are they easy to change without triggering the alarm?

The battery is easy to change - it will have two pull off spade
terminals, perhaps with the aid of a pair of pliers.

Access to the alarm panel will trigger the alarm. It will have an anti
tamper switch.

If you turn off the mains and then remove the battery the alarm may/will
forget all of it's settings so have all the instructions to hand.
Otherwise, leave the mains supply on, remove the case of the panel
(triggering the alarm), quickly change the battery, refit the cover with
one screw and reset/disable the alarm in the normal way.

Thanks. We don't actually set the alarm any more (inherited a cat and
can't be bothered to change the sensors) but I gather it may still go
off in the event of a power cut if the battery is naff