Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Setting a programmable thermostat

Mark wrote:
Except that most people to save on energy costs will cool up and warm
down. A setting of 68-70 in winter will save on heating costs while a
setting of 76-78 in summer will save on cooling cost.

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
gcotterl wrote:
Is the "cool setpoint" the temperature when the air-conditioner goes
on?
Is the "heat setpoint" the temperature when the heater goes on?

Should the "cool setpoint" temperature be higher than the "heat
setpoint" temperature?

Hi,
Easy to remember this way; cool down to, heat upto the set temp.

Hmmm,
My power and NG cost is fixed for long term. Any way is there any one
who does not know that? One reason using programmable 'stat is to save
energy. I use wireless 'stat. In summer, it moves to upstairs, in
winter, it relocates to downstairs.