Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Suggestions for alternative well water treatment?

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Evelyn wrote:

"Hipupchuck" wrote in message
JimmyDahGeek wrote:
Neighbor across street has bottled water
I would imagine it would be cheaper to bring in
your own drinking water and leave your well untreated.

I buy bottle water for my cottage it's only .29 a gallon if I bring my
own bottle. It's great water and cheap. Wall Mart also has it and
it's .33 a gallon there. At my primary residence I have a water
softener that goes into the septic tank. It's been like that for 30
years. When I cleaned the tank last last year the cover of the tank
cracked. I was told this was from the softener.

How in the heck could the softener crack the cover ??? I think the clumsy
septic guy is pulling your leg to cover his ass...JMHO....