Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeWhy MikeWhy is offline

Default Why Good Drawings Are Important - Long Boring Story

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Upscale wrote:

For far too long, the market has been concerned solely with cheapest
price.
Competition and marketing has inundated the entire market with cheap and
useless products, stuff nobody needs. We are all paying for this torrent
of
crap.

Anyway, this is all theorizing.

Not so theoretical as all that. Recall the rec discussion of price and
warranty requirements that aborted introduction of the JBot as a
product...

...and I recall that discussion every time conversation turns to
difficulties with dovetail jigs, duplicators, pattern drilling,
mortise/tenoning machines, and template routing. s

I take it JBot is a CNC router/drill? Yup. The time will come for that, when
folks start wondering why electronics innovation should stop outside the
shop doors. I can see a reasonably accurate, limited envelope router/drill
replacing all the dovetail and mortising jigs on the market.

Twenty years from now, on the eve of the year 2030, everyone will have
replaced their sketching pencils with Sketchup 342.0. Sometime between then
and now, the revolution will have taken place, leaving only the true
diehards to yearn for the simpler days of handcut hardboard templates.