Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT- NJ Police state

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 08:10:37 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
wrote:

c) none of this would make me any happier about seeing my neighbor
mowing his lawn while carrying a .45, but that's not happening any
time soon in NJ.

Happens all the time where I live.

The idea of people mowing their lawns while packing pistols sounds bizarre,
but there is some basis for it in Gunner's case. Crime data (2006) for
Gunner's town shows 359 violent crimes/100k people, per year. For my town,
20 miles from Newark, NJ, the rate is 89/100k people. If we had four times
as much violent crime, I might expect to see some pressure for lawnmower
rifle scabbards. g

Relatively speaking, Gunner lives in a violent crime pesthole. For
California as a whole, the rate of crimes committed with firearms and deaths
from firearms are both more than twice as high as those of New Jersey.

--
Ed Huntress