Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JB[_5_] JB[_5_] is offline

Default Co-locate XM Terk Antenna on Directv Dish

"Perry Aynum" wrote in message
I had a Dish installed on my roof. I also have a Terk XM antenna that

would
get a good signal where the Dish is.

Can I mount the XM antenna on the Dish bracket without causing any signal
interference?

Thanks for any help.

Depends on where the birds are in relation to the antennas. I suspect that
if mount the XM patch no higher than the Dish LNB, it won't interfere, but
only as long as the down converters don't interfere with each other. This
should be minimized if you mount the patch behind and around the LNB and
adjust for best XM signal spilling off the Dish. So it is likely to help
the XM without hurting the Dish. If the XM bird is much higher than your
Dish bird, you will have to mount XM behind the dish and no harm no help.

All that should matter is that they will see the sky and keep the cables
short.