Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What voltage for 18 inch satellite dishes?

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:42:34 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

And to Jeff. The 'multi' LNBs that I was asking you about are not multiple
singles on a bracket on one dish, but all inside one standard sized LNB
package, so it's one lump with either two or four F connectors on its back.

See my comment to Mr Meat Plow about the ambiguous term "dual LNB".

There are dishes with 5 LNB's and a built in switch. For example, the
DirecTV AU9 Slimline dish:
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Winegard/DIRECTV-AU9-SLIMLINE-Ku-Ka-Dish.htm
They have 4 outputs, each of which can be switched to one LNB and
pickup a satellite. The assumption is that there will be a maximum of
4 receivers attached, so that there's no need for a 5th output.

I haven't noticed a 5 LNB dish with only 2 outputs.

Things get rather messy with 7 satellites and 4 receivers:
http://www.satpro.tv/ProductImages/wb68instalation22.gif

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D