Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Selling Guns

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 23:07:59 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 22:06:17 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

snip
Roger...take a long look for similar items on gunbroker.com,
auctionarms.com, etc etc and see what the final prices were.

While in your area..perhaps the arms are worth that much...shrug....in
most others..they are not.

And we are in the beginning states of a Great Depression. Sell them as
quickly as you can for the most you can get...OR simply sit on them for
5-8 yrs and they may go back up in price.

Frankly..Id not sell them at this time, or...Id put them up for sale at
the local gun dealer, with a fixed hidden MINIMUM price and an exact
consignment fee, and let the dealer do the bargaining. A price you wont
go down below is smart and allows the dealer to put on a bargainable
price thats higher.

That Benelli shotgun...for example tends to sell for at least $1000 in
many places. Not on any of the gun sites I just viewed. Perhaps a
dealer may have a big spender want it. And it would sell for more than
what you are asking. Or it will go for $400 when he gets tired of
looking at it. $600 difference in price makes a BIG deal...

Just a heads up..frankly..Id love to have the 338..but the 300 Win mag
version I bought for $475 is good enough.

You get the idea....

Gunner

The prices are the starting price, I'm pretty sure he'd go down $100 on most
or perhaps best offer. It seems you almost always have to ask a higher
price because no mater what, someone will want to talk you down.

A few years ago my Dad gave me a Remington 338 Win. Mag. with a Leopold
(sp?) scope and has been magna ported (sp?) (wood stock and blue barrel).
It's only been shot enough to sight in, verify, and perhaps shoot a bear
(I'm not sure if he used the Remington or Browning in the bear hunt).
Anyway, he said if I wanted I could sell my 338 instead and have his
Browning A-Bolt SS with Burris scope. My Remington would be lower price and
might sell faster, is a Browning A-Bolt better than a Remington (700???)?

RogerN

Damn..its tempting..Id love a 338 to shoot these big California jack
rabbits with (cast bullets). Ive been using a 375 H&H for years for
this...shrug.

Just out of curiosoty..how much?

But Im really not able to pay much cash...though..I could do some
bartering...I did just close out a factory.....VBG

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"