Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R.Birch David R.Birch is offline

Default K&T Parts

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 23:02:54 -0700, "Bill Noble"
wrote:

I have a friend who is trying to dispose of a K&T #2H mill - weighs about
4,000 pounds - if a friend of his doesn't want it, it's available, and if no
one wants it whole, then parts are available - this is a complete mill,
probably working (it was working anyway) with all the overarm stuff, and
there is some tooling, etc - If anything from this might work with your
table, drop me a note off the list and I'll pass the word on. The mill is
in the San Fernando Valley (near Los Angeles, CA) - hate to see it turned
into scrap, but if no one wants it whole, then what's left after any parts
go is just that, scrap. Another vintage tool lost....

oh, to find me, please get my email from my web page, wbnoble.com

A K&T #2 in good running conditions is one of the finest milling
machines a person can put in their shop.

Gunner

Fortunately, they can be had cheap, so it's a good idea to buy two
good ones and use one for parts, as the price of certain replacements
are as much as a used machine. Other parts are just not available.

David