Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Childhood DIY experiments

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 10:23:12 GMT, ARWadsworth wrote:

We undertook an experiment in the first floor school science labs to see
if the water or gas supply had the highest pressure by connecting them
together one afternoon. The teacher kept lurking nearby so the supplies
were connect for quite sometime. We only got the real result the next day
when there were no school dinners. The cooks had tried to light the ovens
in the ground floor kitchen only to find that water was coming out of the
burners for some reason!

After that all the rubber hoses on the laboratory sink taps were shortened
so they did not reach the nearby gas taps.

Anon (aka Bob)

I'll bet the schools caretaker loved you.

Nt explosive/electrical:
new physics block at school (about 4 storeys IIRC), members of school choir
in a corner of the stairwell, find resonant frequency and hold note. Long
crack in corner was still there when I left a couple of years later.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.