Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Childhood DIY experiments

"Graham." wrote in message

Sod Teddy Bears. This article reminded me of my first childhood DIY
experiments

I had several DIY childhood experiences and the bigger the good hiding
from my parents the more damage I must have caused.

The most memorable experiment was when my brother and I found our Dad's
hammer on the landing and we smashed the bathroom sink into bits to see
how long it would take to smash the sink into bits.

So what DIY experiments did you perform as a child? I know that one
regular poster deliberately electrocuted his sister.

I used to fill lemonade bottles with hydrogen by electrolysis of
salt-water. The idea was to detonate the "hydrogen bomb" remotely
with a match-head with a couple of turns of nichrome wire wrapped
round. That part was not very successful IIRC

I couldn't have electrocuted my sister, as that is by definition
always fatal, but the alarm system I built for my secret cupboard
in my bedroom had the ability to deliver a shock derived from
a 4.5v cycle lamp battery and an induction coil.
She didn't speak to me for weeks!

--
Graham.

I thought that electrocution meant "kill or injure" and was not always
fatal.

Anyway, you made a Taser. So well done.

Adam