Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default Childhood DIY experiments

Bob Minchin wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:
Sod Teddy Bears. This article reminded me of my first childhood DIY
experiments

I had several DIY childhood experiences and the bigger the good hiding
from my parents the more damage I must have caused.

The most memorable experiment was when my brother and I found our
Dad's hammer on the landing and we smashed the bathroom sink into bits
to see how long it would take to smash the sink into bits.

So what DIY experiments did you perform as a child? I know that one
regular poster deliberately electrocuted his sister.

Adam

We undertook an experiment in the first floor school science labs to see
if the water or gas supply had the highest pressure by connecting them
together one afternoon. The teacher kept lurking nearby so the supplies
were connect for quite sometime. We only got the real result the next
day when there were no school dinners. The cooks had tried to light the
ovens in the ground floor kitchen only to find that water was coming out
of the burners for some reason!

After that all the rubber hoses on the laboratory sink taps were
shortened so they did not reach the nearby gas taps.

Anon (aka Bob)

:-)

Me too - but because the gas supply to our lab came down from the
ceiling, we only filled the rooms gas pipes!

People were using the Bunsen's at the time, so the extra pressure made
the flames really high, for a while, then strangely they went out and
the Bunsen's were shooting water in the air :-)