Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Default Question -- Motion Sensor Light

On Jul 18, 9:23*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hipupchuck wrote:
Lee wrote:
I'm sorry to bother y'all with this question, but in searching past
postings, I found some that were close, but not quite what I need to
know.

I recently installed a new Brinks security light (model 7010) and
added another halogen-light fixture via junction boxes and 20 feet of
conduit. *I connected the second unit to the first using wire-nuts on:
white:white, black:black and green:green. *The second light works when
turned on manually (via toggle light switch) but the Brinks unit does
not and the motion sensor does not seem to work.

What have I done wrong?

Any advice you can provide would be most appreciated.
Lee

The motion detector will not work in day light. The light will stay off..

Huh?
Day light has nothing to do with IR detection. Good detector has
sensitivity, time delay adjustment.- Hide quoted text -

oh that might be it; if the OP is a zombie, there will be no body heat
to activate the IR detector.