Posted to alt.home.repair
millinghill millinghill is offline

Default Driveway sealing... again?

I sealed the 10+year old asphalt driveway on the house I bought last
year for what looked to be the first time in its history. I used two
coats of Latexite from the HomeDepot. I followed product directions
religiously. After 1 winter, a few of the driveway flat areas that
are prone to ponding have lost all of their sealer and the asphalt
aggregate is showing again, while the other areas look good still. Am
I supposed to seal it again (and again and again) on a yearly basis?
Never had asphalt driveway before, so this is all new to me. I don't
want to overseal it and end up with that alligator cracking I've seen
at the neighbors' places.

All advice appreciated.
Theodore.