Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What voltage for 18 inch satellite dishes?

mm wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 17:58:10 -0500, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 18:27:05 -0400, mm wrote:
What voltage is meant to be used by 18 inch satellite dishes?

AC or DC?

I found a satellite antenna in the trash, and I dont have satellite,
but I saved the clip-on VHF/UHF antenna that goes around the edge. It

Dishes are passive devices; they are not powered by anything but incoming RF
energy.

Items sold as dishes include amplifers.

A good start would be to learn the difference between a dish,
LNB, and receiver.

A good start on what?

I'm not really interested in an electronics lesson. I just want to
know what voltage would power the amplifier on the VHF/UHF antenna
that surrounds the dish. The manual says it uses the same voltage
that dish does, or something like that. Maybe you can write the
manual's author.

I'll go with one of the helpful answers.

Why don't you just go away? You gave no brand or model number, or
anything else that would let anyone help you.