Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Why Good Drawings Are Important - Long Boring Story

"Robatoy" wrote in message
There is a better chance LV Organic Cereal will hit the market before
any head-ache-riddled powertool of theirs will.

I wouldn't say that. If a particularly new and different method came up for
some power tool ~ like the Domino (which I feel is a cross between a biscuit
joiner and a plunge router) then who knows, they might give it a shot. If
not, the chances are good they would at least retain the rights to it and
farm the manufacturing and/or marketing out to someone else.

Hell, look at all the trial and tribulations of the Saw Stop. A single
person invented it, had a great deal of trouble marketing it, all the while
fighting off other power saw companies in the process and look where it is
today. You can't tell me the Saw Stop is not a direct threat to every other
table saw manufacturer. They've all got truckloads of cash and yet Saw Stop
is a serious, serious threat to everybody else.