Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve R.[_3_] Steve R.[_3_] is offline

Default Removing scratches on glass

"stryped" wrote in message
I am finally putting the 200 Dakota I got running with all of your
help on sale. One thing I noticed is there are scratches in the
windshied I cant get out. It looks like they are from the wiper at one
point. I tried rubbing alchol, fine steel wool and even some old
polishing compund I had layign around by hand. It made it better but
it is still noticable.

I have one of those polisher sanders layign around although I would
need a bonnet for it. WOuld this help? ANy tricks out there to fix
this at least to where it is not as noticable?

Thanks for your help!

Optical pitch lap, and a slurry of cerium oxide.

Steve R.