Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus17055 Ignoramus17055 is offline

Default Photoessay on moving a Bridgeport uploaded to the dropbox

Very nice writeup. Now you know that everything is portable.

On 2009-07-18, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:

I finally got around to writing up my experiences moving a Bridgeport
mill last October. It adds to the excellent one that Richard Kinch
did when he moved his. We had quite a discussion regarding what was
safe and what wasn't, with some disagreements among some who had done
it different ways.

http://metalworking.com/dropbox/
Moving_a_Bridgeport_2J_Head_Milling_Machine_2.pdf

Topics covered.
A photo essay describing the equipment needed to move a Bridgeport
milling machine,
One safe way of strapping the machine onto a trailer
How to lift it off the trailer
HOW TO GET A WIDE TABLE THROUGH A NARROW DOOR
Photos from the web of other people's moving experiences.

I uploaded the files Saturday AM, so I don't know when they'll
actually appear.

RWL