Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus17055 Ignoramus17055 is offline

Default Did a little Don Foreman style project today

On 2009-07-19, Phil Kangas wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 16:36:46 -0500, Ignoramus3171
wrote:

This is a handle for my rotary table. The original table

on it is very
small and inconvenient and I always wanted a better one.

The knurled
knob on the handle rotates freely. It is made out of a

1/2" Armstrong
wrench, which I had to bend to provide a more pleasing

shape and
clearance to clear various obstructions on the table. I

bent this
wrench red hot, which accounts for nice curvature.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/misc...able-Crank-Han

dle/

Very NICELY done!! Bravo!

Gunner... Thanks a lot... I value your opinion on this sort of stuff.

So tell us how you mounted the knurled knob shaft to the
wrench.....
threads? press fit? silver solder? curious minds want to
know.....
phil

I drilled and tapped the hole, however I tapped it only partially, so
the bolt locked up when its tip reached the bottom of the hole. It is
very tight now, it could be removed with a screwdriver with quite a
bit of effort, but it will not budge from merely using the knob on the
handle.