Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default wall anchor repair/replace help

Oren wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:14:44 -0700 (PDT), Kyle
wrote:

So my question: any ideas on how to give a solid mounting surface to
this one end of the towel rack that's got bad drywall? Some trick to
insert a piece of 1x3 or such (for screwing the rack's bracket into)
inside the drywall without creating too large a hole to cover?

Remove the rack, patch/paint the damage and then use two towel "rings"
mounted at the studs?

I had to put a ring in, due to the tiny size of my bathroom precluding
another full-length bar for the second towel. I quickly realized that
while they are okay for hand towels by the sink, they suck for bath
sheets. The towel gets too bunched up to dry in a timely fashion.

Side question- why on earth do they put towel bars in the tub enclosure?
Other than wet laundry or a wash cloth or three, what good are they? Not
like you can leave a dry towel hanging there if you are using the shower.

--
aem sends...