Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Fuel Tank

On Jul 18, 2:31*am, "Buerste" wrote:

Depends on how far away it is from valuable things like houses and such.
How about pouring in about a quart of gasoline, let it sit in the sun for a
few hours then toss in an M-80. *It'll be real easy to cut up the big
pieces. *There are people on this NG that are figuring exactly how much
gasoline, at what temp and how long to wait. *

Tried that when I was a teenager on a smaller scale. End of summer in
Louisiana, five gallon container with lid. Used cotten cord soaked
with saltpeter for fuse which went thru small hole in the cap. Small
amount of gasolene, maybe a pint.

Anyway friends and I took it down by the bayou, parked the car ready
to get out of there. Lite a match and brought it over the cap to get
to the end of the fuse. And instantly had a small flame about two
inches high from the fumes leaking around the fuse.

Thought OS, and then saw that a police car was coming down the dirt
road that was the only way back to pavement.

Eventually while the police were lecturing on the dangers of gasolene,
I took a clod of dirt and extinguished the flame.

The gasolene vapors had driven out all the air in the time between
when we had put the gasolene in and when we had gotten out by the
bayou.

The police took the names we gave them and let us go on our way. I
forget the names we gave them.

Dan