Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default Childhood DIY experiments

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
om...
Sod Teddy Bears. This article reminded me of my first childhood DIY
experiments

I had several DIY childhood experiences and the bigger the good hiding
from my parents the more damage I must have caused.

The most memorable experiment was when my brother and I found our Dad's
hammer on the landing and we smashed the bathroom sink into bits to see
how long it would take to smash the sink into bits.

So what DIY experiments did you perform as a child? I know that one
regular poster deliberately electrocuted his sister.

Adam

Not experiments as such, but I remember making a weed-killer & sugar pipe
bomb, copper tube, small hole drilled in the centre, flattened one end in
Dads vice, filled with the mixture then flattened the other end in the vice
(I cringe when I think). A length of Jetex fuse (remember that?) into the
centre hole, light it and run like f**k. To this day I remember the copper
shrapnel flying over our heads. And bonfire nights, struth, my mates dad
owned a newsagents, he used to come out with oodles of bangers and rockets,
tie a few bangers to a rocket stick and wait for a likely target. One night
we managed to get a banger-rocket into the wooden hut of a parking attendant
at a local car park. Then there was the bangburst, in someones entry
(terraced houses) put maybe 10 bangers in a circle around an empty
bangersworth of powder, always lay a trail to banger #11 then light the
powder and yep, run like f**k. Kabam 10 times, followed by footsteps down
the entry, followed by kabam #11.
This was when a penny banger was worth a penny.
Hmmmm, I prolly should still be in jail
Then there was the time when, nah, scrub that.