Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_2_] Bob Minchin[_2_] is offline

Default Childhood DIY experiments

ARWadsworth wrote:
Sod Teddy Bears. This article reminded me of my first childhood DIY
experiments

I had several DIY childhood experiences and the bigger the good hiding from
my parents the more damage I must have caused.

The most memorable experiment was when my brother and I found our Dad's
hammer on the landing and we smashed the bathroom sink into bits to see how
long it would take to smash the sink into bits.

So what DIY experiments did you perform as a child? I know that one regular
poster deliberately electrocuted his sister.

Adam

We undertook an experiment in the first floor school science labs to see
if the water or gas supply had the highest pressure by connecting
them together one afternoon. The teacher kept lurking nearby so the
supplies were connect for quite sometime. We only got the real result
the next day when there were no school dinners. The cooks had tried to
light the ovens in the ground floor kitchen only to find that water was
coming out of the burners for some reason!

After that all the rubber hoses on the laboratory sink taps were
shortened so they did not reach the nearby gas taps.

Anon (aka Bob)