Posted to uk.d-i-y
Neil Neil is offline

Default Childhood DIY experiments

"Neil" wrote in message
o.uk...

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
om...
Sod Teddy Bears. This article reminded me of my first childhood DIY
experiments

So what DIY experiments did you perform as a child? I know that one
regular poster deliberately electrocuted his sister.

Adam

I wondered what would happen if i wired a 240v - 12v transformer the wrong
way round...

Well, when I could see again, my fingers were black, with soot,
thankfully, and the fuse in the plug simply disn't exist any more.

Oh, and there was the time I made a home-made 'firework' boosted with
magnesium pinched from the school chemistry lab.
According to witnesses, my head was enveloped in a ball of flame - it had a
similar (temporary) effect on my eysight and I staggered home without
eyebrows,