Dave Plowman

Default Lath and plaster ceiling

In article ,
Peter wrote:
While in the loft I lifted some of the insulation to find that virtually
all the 'key' bits of plaster that squish through the lath were detached
and just littering the surface. However the ceilings seem to be staying
put. I can't think what's holding them up! Do I have a serious problem
please? The house is 1930's.

I doubt it - if you open up the bottom of a lath and plaster wall you'll
find it full of these 'nibs'. The plaster sticks to the wood laths.

The easy way to tell if it's gone 'live' is by pushing it between the
joists. One in good condition will be firm - a poor one will bend easily.

--
*Never miss a good chance to shut up *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn