Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default New and not approved.

Charlie wrote:
Here we are in the land of the tropical storm and hurricane.

Now we have a new way (at least to me) of mounting a small dish.

I suppose we will have a new category to list in the Saffir-Simpson
scale.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/HAW2/english..._simpson.shtml

What do you think? Will it blow away in a Cat 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5?

At least I don't live close to this installation.

Here it is at http://tinyurl.com/lacusk

Charlie.

If at all possible, don't mount a satellite dish on the roof - put it where
you can reach it: on the deck railing, on a pole in a pot of concrete,
wherever. It's easier to fuss with, take inside, remove snow, re-aim, etc.

Putting antennas up high is a remnant from TV days. The difference between
25,000 miles from the ground and 24,999 miles, 5260 feet from the roof is
negligible