Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Alarm going off after power cut

F wrote:
We've had a couple of power cuts recently (up to two hours) while we
were out and the alarm was set. Neighbours have said that the alarm
has gone off each time the power has come back on. While the power
was off none of the panel lights were lit and when the power came
back on and we reset it 'Day' and both zones were lit.

Is this expected behaviour?

I thought the battery in the control panel and the one in the bell box
were supposed to deal with power cuts. Could it be that one or both of
the batteries needs to be changed?

The alarm is a Scantronic 9448.

I bought new batteries about 12 months ago, they were about £12 each IIRC,
yours won't be much different in price.
Word to the wise, don't order them off the internet - the P&P doubles the
overall cost - any decent electrical outlet will have them in stock

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008