Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default If cap & trade passes the senate

Red Green wrote:

Well I do my bit to conserve. And I have and fully use my recycle can
for household stuff.

The problem I see and that anything you conserve like electricity,
gas, building supplies, whatever, the companies just raise the price
to meet revenue goals. And that carries to government. Tax revenue so
raise taxes be it direct tax, indirect tax or a new tax. I mean what
was it that was posted about a stormwater runoff tax in a couple of
places?

There is a difference.

In a private company, revenue drives costs: When revenues go down, costs are
reduced.

In government, costs drive revenue: When costs go up, revenue goes up.