Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Fuel Tank

"Rob" wrote in message
Hi folks

I have 300 gallon tank formerly filled with gas oil / 35 sec heating oil /
medium diesel (not sure
of the U.S. terminology). The only way I can remove it is by first cutting
it
up. Any suggestions / comments
so as to do this safely?

Regards
Rob

Depends on how far away it is from valuable things like houses and such.
How about pouring in about a quart of gasoline, let it sit in the sun for a
few hours then toss in an M-80. It'll be real easy to cut up the big
pieces. There are people on this NG that are figuring exactly how much
gasoline, at what temp and how long to wait. Other people are figuring how
to add servo motors and PLCs. There's no wrong way to blow it up! Somehow
this will turn into a political issue and it'll be Bush's fault, or..."Hold
my beer and watch THIS!"