Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Doors doors doors

On Jul 17, 2:44*pm, Ian wrote:
I'm planning to replace the internal doors in my house:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Several of the room doors will be 4-panel 35mm thick. I'm thinking of
the Cadeby wood grain effect range (as sold in B&Q). Two problems:

a. Although most of the doors will be the standard 1981mm high, some
will be significantly shorter, down to 1955mm. I contacted the supplier,
who told me it is only acceptable to shave up to 6mm off the top and
bottom of the doors, otherwise their strength will be compromised.

you can certainly take a lot more than that off. Of course strength is
reduced to some degree. If you cant find what you want, make your own.
There's an endless array of styles to choose from... take a peek at
the first 4 links he
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?..._Picture_Links
And if you arent skills confident, there are some low skill ways to
make doors too.

NT