Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default GSHP Bore holes

In message , Bob Minchin
writes
The only space I have available to pick up ground sourced heat is 14m x
2m which sounds too small to be of use with a conventional ground pipe
array. Any rough ideas how many bore holes of what depth might be
needed to recover 8Kw or so. I think my ground is surface gravel with
clay beneath. We are on top of a hill but the playing field opposite
floods in winter so possibly we have quite wet soil at eh time of year
the heating will be needed.

Any rough ideas of boring cost would be useful too.

Apparently you get about 3 to 5kW from one 70m bore hole.

regards

--
Tim Lamb