Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default 'Hinged' studding or bolts - source wanted

Cicero wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:26:05 +0000, tinnews wrote:

I seem to remember having used/seen long bolts (or studs) which are
'hinged', i.e. they poke through a slot and when the nut (usually a wing
nut) has been loosened you can swing the stud aside and and release what
they are holding.

Can anyone suggest a source of such things?

Small and flimsy he

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;js...hbutton=submit

http://tinyurl.com/na5yv3

Heavy duty of the same are used on various items of machinery - metal
benders etc. for quick release. I've got a large tube cutter which uses
one. Possibly many other uses but no idea of a source for the heavy duty
items.

That's the type of thing, the Screwfix one might be robust enough for
what I'm after, thanks.

--
Chris Green