Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Nuisance youths

In message , Dave
writes
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Steve Walker
saying something like:

I doubt there are many more instances of child abduction /
interference etc than say 30 or 40 years ago. The difference is
that *everybody* now has easy access to news media and is willing
to go that route.

KK
I certainly saw a documentary (probably around eight years ago)
where they asserted that the number of children kidnapped and
abused/murdered hadn't changed for fifty years, so as you say, it is
most likely just that there is a lot more reporting of it.
Exactly.
I'm reminded of a study of the so-called 'crimewave' of the 1960s (of
which the tabloid rags made a big deal), done a few years later.
Turned out the incidence of real crimes hadn't increased at all, it's
just that almost every house had a phone in it by the end of the 60s,
so the reported crimes shot up, in lockstep with the number of phones.

Co-incidence? I think not.

Rather like the increase in the number of 'alcohol related'
hospital admissions coinciding with the police decision (after a few
deaths) not to keep drunks in cells overnight to sleep it off. Now
its left to the ambulance service to take them to A&E to sleep it off.
Same amount of drunks, different paperwork.

Why not change the paperwork again and put the drunks on the park
benches to look after themselves?

Drunk Yoga anyone ?

http://acidcow.com/pics/3100-russian...a_10_pics.html

--